The National Honor Society provides help in many AP exams. Tutors were assigned to one subject to improve their tutees experience, providing advice based on previous experience in each class. “I recommend coming to these AP cram sessions because you can receive help from students who have previously and recently taken the test,” NHS board member Katie Ho (12) explained.
Time to Cram!
Katelyn Baba, Staff Writer • May 9, 2024

Time to Cram!

Warrior Football: Starting out Strong

Photo Credits: Gillian Navarro
Photo Credits: Gillian Navarro

On Friday September 5th, 2014, the West  Warriors took on the visiting Culver City Centaurs in game one of the 2014 season. West would go on to beat Culver City with a final score of 51 to 13. The Warriors now owning a record of 1-0, came out with a victory and a strong start to their season.

By the end of the first quarter, the Warriors scored an overwhelming total of 30 points while the Centaurs only scored 6 points. With a strong lead, West was able to keep pressing offensively and hold their large lead over Culver City. “[We] started off kind of rough, but turned it around and started making touchdown after touchdown,” said Teryn Williams (10). The strong Warrior defense prevented the Centaurs from scoring any points in the third and fourth quarters.

Offensive Player of the Game, Brett Ojiyi (12) scored a total of 5 touchdowns for the Warriors. Defensive Player of the Game, Benton Shortridge (12) also had two interceptions for touchdowns during the game. As a team, West demonstrated its ability and strength. “I think the game went according to plan. We prepared ourselves both mentally and physically. We conditioned all summer and when it came to executing our game plan, our preparation paid off,” said quarterback and defensive end Matthew Doty (12).

On Friday, September 12 West will play their next game when they host Inglewood for game two of the season. In regards to future games, wide receiver Tyler Taggart (12) commented, “our defense is solid and should be able to stop all the teams we play. There are a lot of talented athletes on both sides of the ball, making it dangerous if we use all our threats on the field.”