The highly coveted Oscar trophies illuminate on the display ahead of the 96th Academy Awards. This year, late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel reprised his role as host.
The 2024 Oscars: A Bold Year for Film
Anthony Parker, Entertainment & News Editor • March 28, 2024
In a surprising move to many, West Capitaneus, the school yearbook publication, will be discontinuing the popular, longstanding tradition of senior quotes. Citing logistical concerns, the West High administration has maintained this restriction, prompting petition by nearly a quarter of the student body.
Say Goodbye to Senior Quotes
Cyrilla Zhang, Editor-in-Chief • March 21, 2024

Golf Team Confident to Win Next Time

The West High golf team met its match on September 22 and September 24 when it competed with Peninsula High School. Tuesday, the team lost with a scores of 190 to 287; on Thursday, it lost again with 242 to 199 (In golf, a lower score is better than a higher score.)

Maki Murai (12) reveals that her team “didn’t do as well as it wanted to have, even though it practiced for an adequate amount of time.” “However,” she says, “Peninsula is probably one of the best in the league.” Murai has confidence in her team, and believes that “other places are not as good as Peninsula, so West may have a chance.”

This year’s team consists of three seniors, one junior, two sophomores, and one freshman. Though many valuable golf players graduated this past year, Murai believes the freshman player can help bring the team victory. Already, the West High golf team is anticipating the upcoming match against South High’s team, and they’re hyped up.