Warriors Triumph Again

The West High Warriors are on an incredible winning streak so far into their season this year; they stand with three wins and no losses.  The second game of the season was played on September 17th against the Torrance High Tartars.  The Warriors did a fantastic job in building up momentum, and using Torrance’s own mistakes against them, and to West’s advantage. The game was 7 to 6 at halftime, with West in the lead, and the Warriors did not let the Tartars score again for the rest of the game. West delivered an exceptional performance in the second half, and won the game 17 to 6.  When asked about the goals that the Warriors have for this season, Taylor Gimian (11) said, “Everyone is working hard.  We want to do [even] better than last year.”

The Warriors have certainly achieved this goal.  The next game they played was against Bishop Montgomery on September 25th, and ended in yet another West High victory.  Quarterback Ronnie Clark (12) made several outstanding passes throughout the first half.  Touchdowns were completed, and at halftime the score was 23 to 0, with the Warriors in the lead.  In the second half of the game, West worked together to create many great plays, and scored repeatedly to finish off the game at 44-6. Ethan Surls (12) confirmed that the Warriors are proud of their game. “Definitely. There were not a lot of mistakes.” The Warriors have now tied their total wins from last year, and West looks forward to what the rest of this season will bring, and whether West High will win the Bay League this year.