The highly coveted Oscar trophies illuminate on the display ahead of the 96th Academy Awards. This year, late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel reprised his role as host.
The 2024 Oscars: A Bold Year for Film
Anthony Parker, Entertainment & News Editor • March 28, 2024
In a surprising move to many, West Capitaneus, the school yearbook publication, will be discontinuing the popular, longstanding tradition of senior quotes. Citing logistical concerns, the West High administration has maintained this restriction, prompting petition by nearly a quarter of the student body.
Say Goodbye to Senior Quotes
Cyrilla Zhang, Editor-in-Chief • March 21, 2024

Local Businesses Rallying for TUSD

With the budget cuts downsizing the future of the Torrance Unified School District (TUSD), local establishments such as Marie Calendars and Mimi’s Cafe have made it their mission to participate in Tuesdays for TUSD. Tuesdays for TUSD is a fundraising campaign in which a part of the total profit generated from customers will be donated to local schools. In order to take part in this fundraising campaign, customers need to print out a copy of a Tuesdays for TUSD coupon from the West High website and bring it to participating businesses. Jason Kim (12) thinks what these small businesses are doing is a great idea. “The schools need money and it’s nice that these small businesses are helping us. This just shows that even in hard times, people can still work together and help one another.”

Kurtis Takamura (11) believes these companies can make an impact in the district. “It’s awesome that they’re helping out our schools and because of this, we should try and find other ways to support not just the schools but the businesses as well.” The business community has always been involved in TUSD and now, at a critical time, it continues to show its support to the school district.