Aristocracy Amazes at Annual Choral Concert

Wearing elegant dresses and tuxedos, West High School’s Aristocracy performed in their annual Winter Choral Concert on Wednesday, December 20th, 2012. Each member held candles that seemed to shine brighter as they sang. Two at a time, the singers walked down the aisle and blew their candle out, leading to the beginning of the concert.

United Voices, a group of male and female singers, began the concert with “Sleigh Ride” and “The Wind.” Then United Voices combined with Les Chansonnieres, to sing “Hine Ma Tov (How Good It Is To Live Together In Peace),” “The Christmas Tree Feud,” and “In Dulci Jubilo.”  Afterwards Les Chansonnieres, an all-female choir, performed “A Friend in Winter,” “Mary Sat-A-Rockin’,” and “Jingle Bells.”

Haute Aire West High School’s faculty and staff choir, sang “Winter Wonderland” and the comical “I’m Too Old For Santa (But I Still Love the Loot!)”

Aristocracy, a prestigious group of West High singers, sang ten more songs. Jason Valencia (9) explained, “The song, ‘My True Love Gave to Me’, was the best song!” and continued describing how funny the piece was. Jay Jang (10) felt that “Wassail To You,” another piece performed by Aristocracy, was the best. Jang stated that he had “felt a great inspiration.” The concert concluded with all of the West High School Choirs singing “Issay, Issay!” and “Let us Go and See Him.” A former United Voices member, Roy Choi (10), described “Let Us Go and See Him” as an entertaining piece that brought everyone together.

The Winter Choral Concert was an amazing experience for those that attended. The Pavilion was packed with an audience of all ages, all of whom enjoyed the choirs’ talents. Jonathan Lee (12) describes the experience as “one of a kind” — and the concert was undoubtedly a success.