Wicked Comes to LA

The famous musical and crowd favorite Wicked, has made its way back to the Los Angelesat the Pantages Theater. The cast includes: Katie Rose Clarke as Glinda and Mamie Parris as Elphaba with Liz McCartney as Madame Morrible and Mark Jacoby as The Wizard.

The show is another take on the classic Wizard of Oz. It is the story of the unlikely friendship between Elphaba (future Wicked Witch of the West) and Glinda (future Good Witch of the East). It chronicles their trials and tribulations as they attendShizUniversityand enter adulthood.

Daniel Barrett (10) claims, “It is amazing! It is a testament to the Broadway musical. It really brightened up my point of view and answered all my questions.” The story explains why The Wicked Witch of the West is the way she is. Alex Madrid (11) stated, “It reveals more back story and gives you insight onto what happened before Dorothy dropped in.” Carly Drobot (11) added, “It is one of my favorite musicals! I can never watch the Wizard of Oz the same way. I am always rooting for the Wicked Witch of the West.”

With music by Stephen Schwartz, the show moved along with brilliantly composed songs that remain in your head forever. Drobot confirmed, “The music is amazing. I am always listening to it, Schwartz is a genius.” Barrett added, “The music is superb. It is creative and original and it makes you feel warm and fuzzy. Everyone should have an opportunity to hear it.”

The musical is great for whole family, even those who usual turn away from musicals walk out of the theater in awe.Madridmentioned, “I would recommend it to anyone. It is a great show!” Drobot confirmed, “I know people who are not into musicals and they have loved it just as much as me, and I have seen it three times!”

The show runs until January 29th, 2012 so see it while you can.