Have you registered or pre-registered to vote?

The highly coveted Oscar trophies illuminate on the display ahead of the 96th Academy Awards. This year, late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel reprised his role as host.
The 2024 Oscars: A Bold Year for Film
Anthony Parker, Entertainment & News Editor • March 28, 2024
In a surprising move to many, West Capitaneus, the school yearbook publication, will be discontinuing the popular, longstanding tradition of senior quotes. Citing logistical concerns, the West High administration has maintained this restriction, prompting petition by nearly a quarter of the student body.
Say Goodbye to Senior Quotes
Cyrilla Zhang, Editor-in-Chief • March 21, 2024
Thursday, Oct. 5’s theme was Mathletes or Athletes, where students choose to dress up as one of the two subjects. Students in Mr. Collin’s AP Biology class sported their unique choices of attire. From left to right: Leah Ho (11), Gabriel White (11), and Mackenzie Ashford (11).
Get Ready for Some School Spirit!
Joshua Lee, Staff Writer • March 21, 2024

Twilight Takes Over Theaters

Die-hard Twilight fans along with parents, boyfriends, and unwilling friends formed large lines in front of the movie theater on Thursday November 17, 2011 for the midnight showing of Breaking Dawn. For a year now, fans have waited for this installment to the series. Summit Entertainment decided to split the final book into a two-part movie, dragging the phenomena a little while longer.         

In The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 1, Bella (Kristen Stewart) and Edward (Robert Pattinson), plus those they love, must deal with the chain of consequences brought on by a marriage promised to fans in the third movie Eclipse, the scandalous honeymoon where the impossible happens. 

Over the course of the saga, each movie has improved immensely. The effects and graphics were much more realistic and high quality. The wolves that were CGI (computer generated imagery) were incredibly life–like. When the wolves communicate, they can hear each other think, which of course turned to be a little cheesy, but it was done nicely.

Amanda Wullschleger (11) stated, “I think it was the most awesome movie out of the series. It was romantic, adventure–packed, and it had suspense all wrapped into one. I can not wait to see it again!” Adriana Hymovitz (12) also added, “It was amazing! I cannot wait until the next one comes out!” There as been lots of positive feedback from those who have seen it.

The movie can basically be split into two parts. The first half is romantic and filled with love and kisses. The second half of the movie is filled with a sickly looking body and lots of blood. But what is a vampire without a little blood right?

Even if you are not a Twilight fan it is a suggested to see the movie and give it a try. They have really come a long way and have done an amazing job.