Freebirds Restaurant Flies into South Bay

Freebirds is the new restaurant onHawthorne BlvdinRedondo Beach. It was founded in 1987 inSanta Barbarawhen two friends decided to start a business out of their amazing burrito folding skills. It has since then expanded across the country spreading its hip and freethinking messege through food.

When you arrive, the first thing you will notice is the long line that awaits you as it extends past the door. The line moves forward at a painfully slow rate which makes you doubt whether or not it is worth the wait.  After making your way inside, you can see the menus on the walls along with Lady Liberty riding on top of a motorcycle hanging from the ceiling. Music is playing at a loud enough volume where you bop to the beat as you wait to order. The playlist tends to consist of rock music to go along with their edgy “hipster” look.

When you finally reach the front you are so hungry you contemplate ordering the “Super Monster” sized burrito, but hopefully decide against it. There are at least five people working behind the counter who are a little slow, and are still getting used to how the process works. You are bombarded with options of rice, meat, vegetables, and sauces. After your burrito is carefully wrapped to perfection in the shiny silver foil you are tempted by the “pot” brownies (named for the container in which they are found in) and chocolate chip cookies. Then when it is time to pay you find that the prices are reasonable. 

When it is at last time to eat your delectable burrito, taco, nachos, or salad– you will be pleasantly surprised. The food is wonderful. It is fresh and tastes delicious. It truly is a great restaurant. It appeals to the younger generation with its current style, but is great for people of all ages.

Address: 1509 Hawthorne Blvd., Redondo Beach, CA90277

Phone: 310-214-4850.