Have you registered or pre-registered to vote?

Thursday, Oct. 5’s theme was Mathletes or Athletes, where students choose to dress up as one of the two subjects. Students in Mr. Collin’s AP Biology class sported their unique choices of attire. From left to right: Leah Ho (11), Gabriel White (11), and Mackenzie Ashford (11).
Get Ready for Some School Spirit!
Joshua Lee, Staff Writer • March 21, 2024

Girardini Keeps His Eye on the Ball

Joshua Girardini (11) is more than meets the eye; not only is he an exceptionally talented athlete, he is also an acknowledgeable scholar.

On and off the field, Girardini consistently challenges himself academically and physically—taking rigorous courses such as Biology AP and Calculus AB AP while juggling demanding sports like football and track. “It’s all about time management. School definitely comes first but whenever I have time I try to squeeze in a gym set. I just prioritize my activities and do what needs to be done.”

Football is not just a sport to Girardini. It is “a part of you and helps you appreciate aspects of life that were once foreign; it teaches you how to efficiently function in a group and illustrates the importance of team unity.” Throughout the season, his love for the game has grown along with his commitment. “I am going to play [football] as long as I can and I want to play through college.” 

Although Girardini is only a junior, several colleges have already shown interest in possibly recruiting him for football. “I have [received] recognition from a few Ivy Leagues. Some of the colleges that I am most interested in are Harvard, UCLA, Dartmouth, and Yale so I could receive a good education and hopefully carry out my plans to become an astrophysicist or engineer.”

As the oldest child of a family of four football-fanatic boys, Girardini tries to “set the example for [his brothers] and affect them in more than just football” by demonstrating self discipline and maintaining a positive attitude. Girardini confidently assures, “Nothing negative can come from trying. It will build your character.”
josh article pic