A Night For the Seniors

Daily Breeze / Robert Casillas

Tiffany Chen, Staff Writer

This past Friday, Varsity Football went against South High for their final home game this season. The night also honored the Seniors on this year’s football team.

The game kicked off with West winning and deferring the coin toss. Less than two minutes into the game, EJ Hatter (12) scored a touchdown with assistance from Kyle Reinsch (12), making the score 7-0. Towards the end of the first quarter, Dutch Silverlake (10) intercepted, allowing  Hatter to score his second touchdown.

To kick off the second quarter, Max Parish (11) along with Drake Peabody (12) scored yet another touchdown three minutes into the quarter. At halftime, the score was 21-0, West in the lead.

The halftime show honored the seniors from the Entertainment Unit, Cheer, and the Football Team. Band members received corsages, while the football team was called up. This year’s seniors were Teryn Williams, EJ Hatter, Drake Peabody, Donavan Weicks, Alex Gin, Shige Kato, Nico Raman, Shae Cardenas, Chase Schultz, Sohaib Hasan, Ku Corona, Reed Dildilian, Damon Davis, Ikenna Ojukwu, Christian Moreno, Kyle Reinsch, Ryan Shoda, Matthew Driesler, Christian Bowman, Leorenzo Openan, and Jacob Matthews. Brandon Poffenbarger (10), gave his views on the seniors, said, “I’m going to miss the seniors. We’ve worked together as a team for two years now and it’s been great.”

The final score of the game was 28-0, Hatter scoring the final touchdown. When asked how he felt about his last home game, Hatter said, “I’m happy that we won this game by a significant amount. We want to win every game so we can eventually win a league title.”

Come join West for their next game at Leuzinger High School next Friday, October 28th!