The highly coveted Oscar trophies illuminate on the display ahead of the 96th Academy Awards. This year, late-night comedian Jimmy Kimmel reprised his role as host.
The 2024 Oscars: A Bold Year for Film
Anthony Parker, Entertainment & News Editor • March 28, 2024
In a surprising move to many, West Capitaneus, the school yearbook publication, will be discontinuing the popular, longstanding tradition of senior quotes. Citing logistical concerns, the West High administration has maintained this restriction, prompting petition by nearly a quarter of the student body.
Say Goodbye to Senior Quotes
Cyrilla Zhang, Editor-in-Chief • March 21, 2024

Warriors Serve a Defeat to the Huskies

On Tuesday, October 28th , the West Girls’ Volleyball team took on Centennial at an away game. West won Tuesday’s game for their 7th win of the season. West came out strong and won all 3 sets to take an impressive victory.

Shelby Bellomo (11) described the win as “satisfying” and she hopes to “win the next two games of the season and hopefully do well in the playoffs.”

West, after its recent loss to North, was strongly motivated to win in order to reach a solid league record of 3-3.

Amanda Hockett (12), and outside hitter commented,” We were very excited after the 3-0 win and we hope this win gives us momentum that we can take into our next game.” Both Bellomo and Hockett are looking forward to their final games of the season and are preparing diligently for them.

Kathy Griffith (12), the team captain said, ”the team has been working extremely hard to win and we are going to practice even harder to end the season well.” Griffith is hoping to lead the team to two solid victories in the coming week.

The team’s next game is at South High School, and they are looking to take revenge for the loss the girls suffered earlier in the season. With only a couple games left in the season the girls will compete to the best of their abilities so they can end the season with their heads held high.