Did you watch the Five Nights at Freddy's movie?

A picture of the Homecoming Court Top 15 (from left to right, top): Aeonn Rubi, Kostadinos Loukatos, Cameron O’Neil, Darren Chang, Haruto Asami, Isaac Sanles, Jackson Mancilla,  Jonathan Valot, Kainalu Barricklow, Lawrence Pong, Micah Taw, Noa Wada, Philip Lam, Sean Toomey, and Saul Hernandez. Bottom: Aastha Kashyap, Amaya Sanles, Avery White, Chloe Kang, Danielle Wissler, Maddy Heineman, Gracie Ito, Karsen-Reese Takenaka, Cyrilla Zhang, Masami Fumimoto, Sadie Hopkins, Richa Thakre, Simran Bhattacharya, Tiffani Yoshimura, and Yumiko Kasai. Nominee Chang said, “I do not think I will become Homecoming King but I’m also fine with that because I feel like there are other people who are more deserving of that title.”
The 2023 Homecoming Court
Katelyn Baba, Staff Writer • October 21, 2023
After a bitterly fought one hundred and forty-eight day long strike, the strike is officially over. The new labor agreement is going to be set to an official vote October 2 through October 9 for WGA members to ratify. With writers officially cleared to return to work, the future of studio writers is looking considerably up.
WGA Strike Officially Ends
Alexandra Arnold, Staff Writer • October 15, 2023

2014 Boy Soccer CIF Playoffs: Round One

On Thursday, February 20th, the boys’ varsity soccer team played their first game of the CIF Playoffs. The game took place on Warrior territory and anxious fans rallied together to cheer on their team as they battled the Long Beach Jordan Panthers for the first round. 
   The Warriors worked hard and persevered in order to take second place in Bay League. The Warriors knew the game against Long Beach would also be a tough match. “Going into the playoffs, we expect teams to be the best of the best,” said Josh Williams (11), the center defender for West. Leading up to the game, the Panthers were on a 10 game winning streak, preparing the Warriors for this intense battle. 

The Warriors worked together to play the game to the best of their ability after they started the game off slow. “We realized that we were getting beat by a team a lot weaker then us. Once we started to pick up the intensity, we started to control the game,” said Joseph Barakat (12), the attacking midfielder and forward for West.

Playoff games prove to be more intense because there is more at stake compared to a regular season game. According to the goalkeeper, Denver Silverlake (10), the game, “was intense. Both crowds were cheering which made the game that much more crazy. We were pretty shaky at first, but we really got the flow of the game going which allowed us to have some scoring opportunities.” After a tough first and second half, the game went into overtime. The Warriors finished the game with a 1-0 victory. 
   This first win for the Warriors brought them even closer to the final round of the CIF Playoffs. The Warriors prepare to face their next obstacle: round two of the Playoffs against Loyola.