West Routs Peninsula

On Friday, November 6th, the West High Warriors played the Peninsula Panthers. The Bay League game was played in the afternoon at Peninsula. Warrior wide receiver Kwyn Boggs (11) said that “We felt awkward; we had never played a day game before.” However, West commandeered the game.
During the first half of this game, the Warriors prevented any scoring by Peninsula, while they completed three touchdowns. The half ended with West in the lead at 21-0.
After halftime, the Warriors continued to dominate the game by scoring two additional touchdowns. Peninsula, however, was limited to one successful field goal. Tight-end player Josh Giradini (11) commented on West’s performance, “We played a clean game with not many mistakes.” At the end of the fourth quarter, West came away with a Warrior victory of 35-3.
West is now 6-3 in their season, and 2-2 in its league. This week’s game on November 13th against the Leuzinger Olympians will be a determining factor in whether the Warriors will go on to play in the Bay League playoffs. Boggs said that West fans can expect “A lot of electricity. We’re playing for our season as it’s on the line.” Giradini agreed, “We’re hoping for a good game, a win, against Leuzinger.”