Running to the Finish Line at CIF

On Friday November 6, the majority of the West High Girls Cross Country team ended the season at the Bay League finals at Redondo High School. Over a time of about 5 months of practice for the 2009 season, the West High Cross Country team is nearing the end of the season.

The Girls Varsity team came in 4th place in the Bay League Finals after competing against the South Bay area schools. Andrea Webber (12) in Girls Varsity was a part of this event. “We could have done better but a lot of the athletes were sick during that time so it was good enough,” Webber acknowledged.
Although the players couldn’t meet their team goal, they will still run with determination at the first meet of the CIF competitions.

Another runner who participated in the Bay League Finals is Jackie Rodriguez, a freshman athlete. She came in first place for the Freshman Girls, who overall came in 8th place. She believes the team was really good and her goals are: “To push harder and work hard to get into Varsity sometime.” Jackie remarked that she enjoyed everybody on the team and the experience of being a part of the team.

Through their hard work and many hours of commitment and practice, the West High Girls Cross Country has made it to CIF and will hopefully qualify to participate in three more meets during the CIF sectionals. The first meet will be held on Saturday November 14 at Mt. San Antonio College, or Mt. SAC. Good luck, girls and great job to West High Cross Country for a wonderful season!