Life’s Indeed a Beach

On Friday night in the West High Gym, life was indeed a beach. A lively, energetic, and convivial Sadie’s Dance – a wonderful way to end a minimum day-week – proved to be entertaining and successful.

Walking into the gym, one undeniably walked into a beach wonderland. Clear strands of Christmas lights and lanterns were finely draped and hung across the ceilings; colorful cut-out surfboards lay flat against the walls, the tables were covered in blue cloth and adorned with seashells,  and the ‘couple cards’ were embellished with shells and sand and evenly spread out amongst each other, all for the awe and amusement of the guests. Good music, from DJ Baroud, great food, and a great time served as a superb way to wind down and relax with friends on a Friday night. Many students loved the dance and viewed it as a memorable and unforgettable night. Chandi Pamplona (12) stated, “It was definitely a lot of fun – everyone was always on their feet dancing and it seems like all the guests were having a great time, so that gave off a great vibe.”      Likewise, Ludy Assis (12) commented, “I feel that most people had a pretty good time – the music was alright, but I wished the DJ would have played more mixes. Overall, it was a fun dance.” This time around, more students seemed to have enjoyed the dance. There were visible improvements to this year’s dance and that allowed students to really enjoy themselves.

Gaby Cruz (10) added, “I liked the fact that the administration was less strict. The music was good, but too much techno was incorporated. I felt that the beach theme was a little limited in that everyone virtually ended up looking the same. I wish more people would have attended, but generally it was a good dance.”

Sadies’ was a great and enjoyable night, with clear improvements from last year. Life is definitely a beach!