In-N-Out and Other Food Joints to Open on Hawthorne Boulevard

With a new Chipotle, a drive-thru Chick-fil-A and a famous burger joint coming closer, students will never go hungry.

After school, many students like to satisfy their hunger at various nearby locations including Steve’s, 7-11 and Subway. In a few more months, several more popular choices will arrive within a reasonable distance to West High.
A new In-N-Out is set to begin construction at the corner of Hawthorne and Del Amo near Babies-R-Us once the deal is completed and closed. Some would often drive across town to get a signature Double Double. After the construction of the restaurant in this new location, the burger joint will be right down the street. Angela Loya (10) mentions, “It’s close to where I live so I can just pass by when I want some.”
Also coming is a Chipotle Mexican Grill and Torrance’s first drive-thru Chick-Fil-A. The Chipotle is currently being built near Barnes and Noble at the Del Amo Mall and the Chick-Fil-A is planned to be built near the Galleria where a El Pollo Loco currently stands. Bobby Unverzagt (11) comments, “I [am looking forward to] Chick-Fil-A the most because we need another one, and I’ve never seen a drive through one before.”
Although these new businesses will provide students with new possibilities for after-school hangouts, not everyone is in favor of the idea. Ashely Highfill (12) adds, “I would rather see a bookstore closer to West and nobody needs the fattening foods these restaurants are serving.” Whether or not these additions affect the student body’s eating habits will not be known, but as long as one treats themselves in moderation, these businesses are sure to be a success.