Last Rally of the Year

The Senior Good-Bye Rally was held on Friday, June 11.  The gym filled quickly as excited students rushed in to enjoy their last rally of the year.

The rally began as Secretary of Spirit Jimmy Takashima (11) welcomed the students. A routine from the Dance, Cheer, and Drill Team seniors followed; their performance captivated the crowd.

A tug-of-war match was held between a selected group of seniors and teachers, increasing the senior-faculty rivalry.  Out of three matches, the seniors won the first and last, thus winning the competition.

The excitement continued as three teachers who had dyed their hair pink for the Pretty in Pink contest moved to the center of the gym underneath a tarp. After a count down, the tarp was lifted and Mr. Evans, Ms. Jensen, and Ms. Yoo revealed their pink hair. Each of the three had collected over five hundred dollars, which will be used for school supplies. 

After the students settled from the joy of seeing their teachers’ pink hair, the prom court was announced.  Beginning with the junior prom princes and princesses, the nominees were called up in pairs.  Princess candidate, Amy Jung (11), stated that she “didn’t think [she] would be nominated.”   The nominees for prom queen and king were then presented.  An acapella singing of the Alma Mater concluded the rally, and the students were dismissed to their third periods.