The Hobbit Hops Into Theaters

On Friday, December 14th, the highly anticipated prequel to The Lord of the Rings trilogy, The Hobbit, hit theaters. Fans everywhere were excited to see just how the famous trilogy started. This movie is a must-see that will have you at the edge of your seat, wanting more.

The Hobbit is the prequel to The Lord of the Rings and introduces the beginning of Frodo’s uncle, Bilbo Baggins’, journey with characters such as Gandalf, Thorin, and their pack of dwarves. As the movie continues on, the characters encounter multiple life threatening events that leave the audience hanging in suspense.

This movie is the perfect start to this popular saga. The great cast of actors—such as Ian McKellen as Gandalf, Martin Freeman as Biblo, and Richard Armitage as Thorin, portrayed a moving on-screen chemistry that was apparent through the big screen. The lead roles of Biblo, Gandalf, and Thorin were played thoroughly and fully highlighted the personality of these unique characters. Freeman portrays his character of Bilbo well, really enhancing Biblo’s controlling, brave, and sheltered personality. McKellen performs his character in accordance with the fan’s perception of the great wizard Gandalf—courageous, smart, and encouraging. Armitage portrays his character of King Thorin exceptionally well, really exemplifying the king’s determined, strong, and caring personality. The cinematography also played a big role in creating the movie and enhanced much of the screen play with extravagant special effects such as the fire from the dragon, the enormous bodies of the wolves, and the scars on the bodies on the orcs.

The Hobbit is an action packed thriller—a perfect movie for fans of adventure and adrenaline.