Have you registered or pre-registered to vote?

Thursday, Oct. 5’s theme was Mathletes or Athletes, where students choose to dress up as one of the two subjects. Students in Mr. Collin’s AP Biology class sported their unique choices of attire. From left to right: Leah Ho (11), Gabriel White (11), and Mackenzie Ashford (11).
Get Ready for Some School Spirit!
Joshua Lee, Staff Writer • March 21, 2024

Boys Baseball: Bay League Champions

On Thursday May 15, 2014, the West Warriors baseball team won their home conference game against Leuzinger with a final score of 22-0. This game was the last game of the Bay League Season.

West started the game off strong with a total of 6 runs in the first inning. They then scored 1 run in both the second and third inning. The team then continued to score and prevent Leuzinger from scoring any runs. In the bottom of the 4th inning, West scored 14 runs. The game was called after the 5th inning on account of the mercy rule. Outfielder, Daniel Enos (10) said, “Our coach just said [to] keep the intensity up… play [our] game [and] don’t lower [ourselves]. Throughout the course of the game, infielder Angel Mora (12) hit a homerun and pitcher Taylor Rashi (12) only gave up 2 hits the entire game. The Warriors’ strong offence and defense were essential in winning the game.

Throughout the season, the team has demonstrated numerous strengths as a team and individually. According to Mora, “our strengths as a team is that we are able to execute and put the ball in play and make things happen offensively, defensively we’re solid because we got seniors who are experienced with varsity and play tough defense.” The team has demonstrated that they are solid athletes, but they also work well together as team.

The Warriors finished their Bay League Season with an overall record of 8 wins and only two losses. This strong record resulted in the team winning the title of the 2014 Bay League Championships.